Chocolates: Brownies with Walnuts


Who doesn’t love chocolate? I have yet to meet a person who hates it – totally, as in all forms. I know some people who wouldn’t touch a chocolate bar or chocolate candies but loves a hot cocoa drink. Chocolate is a very interesting topic and I could go on and on talking about it but I’ll make it not too long and sweet. I make it a point to have chocolate in my kitchen. I have powdered in organic, unsweetened and dark. I have semi-sweet, bittersweet, dark and milk chocolate bars; semi-sweet, white and milk chocolate chips, chocolate syrup. Quite a lot and surely, there must be something I forgot to mention. But I only eat chocolates when craving- which is not often. I love a good chocolate cake, chunky chocolate chip cookies and chewy, not cake-like brownies with walnuts. I love them chocolaty and dense with shiny tops and with a glass of cold milk, I'm in heaven. Here's my recipe for yummy, chewy brownies with walnuts.



Brownies with walnuts

Ingredients:
6 ounces or ¾ cup chopped dark chocolate
¾ cup butter
1 ½ cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped toasted walnuts

Procedure:
Heat oven to 325 F.
Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler over simmering water.
Stir sugar into chocolate until blended. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and walnuts. Spread into a buttered 13" x 9" baking pan.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes up clean. Cool in pan and cut into squares.

Yummy with a glass of cold milk or top with vanilla ice cream and voila! brownie ala mode!

Comments

Popular Posts