Project: Angel Food Cake A Day

Angel Food Cake with Pineapple-Cream Cheese Frosting


Making one angel food cake a day- that’s the plan! I was sitting in the kitchen wondering how many angel food cakes I’ve made so far since I learned how to make it. I can no longer count and yet, I haven’t done much when it comes to frosting or dressing my cake. Most of the time, it’s just dusting powder or fresh fruits on the side. Now I intend to take it to the next level and try different kinds of frosting which started last night.  I sliced the cake in half and filled it with pineapple-cream cheese-cool whip mix which I also used as frosting.  Then I topped the cake with honey crunch crumbs. I have to confess I was awake at 2 am enjoying a slice of this yummy yet light and tender cake which will remain my number one favorite.

Off topic but in addition, I made samoas in a sheet pan- inspired by Girl Scout cookies. The recipe was adapted here and I of course decreased the amount of sugar in the cake and used unsweetened coconut and dark chocolate as well so that the addition of the chewy caramels didn't make any difference. I baked it in a sheet pan and it came out with just the right amount of sweetness which I prefer.

Comments

Popular Posts