Condensed milk pound cake my take

I just think it sounds nice hence the title…. it rhymes beautifully just like this pound cake which I just baked. It rhymes with my palate with its buttery, sweet but just rightly so and moist texture. How can you not love this very easy and simple cake right from the time you lick the spatula after smoothing the top of the batter in the tube pan before you pop it in the oven? There’s just so much promise of a heavenly thing to come. I followed the recipe to a T fully trusting helenmelonsaidso although I thought for a while that the cake seems so small or maybe my tube pan is big ha ha ha ha… so scared that I won’t have enough to eat!
I made myself busy to avoid looking at the clock and finally, the cake was ready after 52 minutes. I can hardly wait for it to cool down so I placed the pan in the coolest part of the house – the patio! And soon enough, it was ready for the taking. Releasing the cake from the pan was a breeze because it was buttered and floured nicely and I was so pleased with the nice golden crust of the cake. And that was only the beginning. I was then shocked with the wonderful aromas of butter, vanilla and condensed milk when I sliced it. And the nice and smooth texture inside screams take me! But it had to wait a bit because I had to take pictures as my excitement deepens. It’s okay; I will be rewarded soon…

Then I took the first bite! Holy mole! The wonderful aromas I smelled earlier didn’t lie. I’m in love! And then I took another bite and another….. till the big slab of cake is gone and I want more!

Helen, welcome me to the cult! And thanks for a wonderful recipe!

Condensed Milk Pound Cake

Ingredients:
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
3 large eggs

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325. Butter and flour pan. In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder, then set aside. In a separate bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy with an electric mixer, about 2 minutes. Add condensed milk and mix until just combined. Add the dry ingredients, mixing just until all of the flour disappears into the mixture. Add eggs, mixing until combined. Stir in vanilla extract. Spoon batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula (lick it! the batter is so delicious - it tastes like frosting). Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top is golden brown.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts