Condensed Milk-Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Swirl Pound Cake - the best of both worlds


It was a last minute decision to make this pound cake. I just didn’t want to go to work without bringing any treat and at past 9 pm- it was the most logical choice being easy and not so fussy to prepare. Still, I made sure I did something different. Why don't I incorporate my Peanut Butter-Cream Cheese Spread into Helen's condensed milk pound cake? I just had to adjust the sugar so it will maintain the level of sweetness that I want and which has been my trademark when baking or making desserts.

The process is pretty much like what I did to my Nutella-Cream Cheese Swirl Pound Cake and the result- the same. I mean, I was singing alleluias after tasting Helen’s condensed milk pound cake; the peanut butter swirl surely added sophistication and a welcome twist to the cake. First, the buttery and lightly sweet taste of the pound cake welcomes you and then it ends with the peanut butter-cream cheese swirl so your palate gets a pleasantly yummy surprise.

Now the verdict as to which one tastes better; Nutella-Cream Cheese or Peanut Butter-Cream Cheese depends on what you like best- Nutella or creamy peanut butter? For myself, I don't really have to decide. I can make and enjoy the best of both worlds. And this pound cake I should say has the best of both the condensed milk pound cake and my scrumptious peanut butter-cream cheese spread.

Condensed Milk Pound Cake

Ingredients:
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
3 extra large eggs

Peanut Butter Cream Cheese

Ingredients:

2 pkgs cream cheese
1/3 cup cream peanut butter
1 cup confectioner's sugar

Method:
The peanut butter and cream cheese should be at room temperature. Put cream cheese and peanut butter in a mixing bowl and beat using an electric mixer till well incorporated. Sift the confectioner's sugar and add into the mix. Beat until creamy and smooth.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325. Butter and flour pan. In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder, then set aside. In a separate bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy with an electric mixer, about 2 minutes. Add condensed milk and mix until just combined. Add the dry ingredients, mixing just until all of the flour disappears into the mixture. Add eggs, mixing until combined. Stir in vanilla extract. Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. Spread the peanut butter-cream cheese spread on top then spread the remaining cake batter on top. Using a butter knife, lightly swirl the peanut butter mix into the cake batter. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top is golden brown.

I guess the only flaw in the cake is that it kinda shrunk in the middle when I left it in front of an electric fan to speed up the cooling process. But my friends and co-workers loved it.

Comments

Popular Posts