Broiled eggplant with tahini and yogurt sauce


I saw it when I watched Bobby's Ireland. I haven't forgotten. I just can't! First, I love eggplant; and of course, the way Bobby described the dish made my mouth water. I just have to make it, try it, taste it! It's just a simple dish and so easy to make. Here's how:

Ingredients:

3 eggplant
1/2 to 1 tsp chili powder (use less or more as you prefer)
1 tsp ground cardamom
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp tahini sauce
2 tbsp plain yogurt

Method:

Slice eggplant lengthwise, about three slices
Whisk together honey, olive oil, ground cardamom and chili powder
Brush eggplant slices with honey and spices mixture on both sides, let sit for half an hour
Arrange the eggplant slices in a baking pan
Bake in preheated 400 degrees F oven for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender
Turn on the broiler and cook for another 2 minutes or just to achieve a broiled effect and brown the skin and sides.
Serve with tahini sauce mixed with yogurt

Comments

Popular Posts