Fruit and Maple Oatmeal


My friends and I are on oatmeal phase lately. Oh well, we all go through that- cereal, oatmeal, fruit and yogurt, bread, some sinful ones like pancakes, waffles and French toasts. But we're healthy, sort of this time. And the flavor of the month is McDonald's Fruit and Maple Oatmeal.


It is the perfect blend of oatmeal, fresh apples with golden and plump raisins, cranberries and maple syrup. How healthy can you get with that ensemble? I'm off today so I thought I'd just make it and save myself the trouble of driving to McDonald's. It is so easy to make and kind of fun.
Here's how I made it.

Ingredients:

2 tbsp chopped green apple
2 tbsp chopped gala apple
1 heaping tbsp golden raisins
1 heaping tbsp dried cranberries
2 packets regular quick oats
water
2% fat milk
maple syrup

Method:

Empty the packets of oatmeal in a microwavable bowl
Add water enough to cover the oatmeal and a little more for allowance. It will be absorbed by the oatmeal as it cooks. You don't want a pasty finish
Dump the chopped apples, raisins and cranberries on top
Microwave for 5-6 minutes
Add milk and maple syrup
Enjoy

Comments

Popular Posts