Honey Oat-Cinnamon Loaf


First let me make a bow to Jaden Hair for a wonderful bread dough recipe. The results are as she described it and oh so easy to make. And from the seven-cup master dough I made last Sunday is my second bread which I called Honey Oat-Cinnamon Loaf obviously because it has honey, oats, cinnamon and baked as a loaf. The recipe by the way yields 3 big loaves or two loaves and a challah.

This is even easier to make as the dough is already prepared. All you have to do is divide the rest of the left over dough that is resting in the fridge. Flour your working area and place the other half of the dough- return the rest to the fridge. Cut the dough into small pieces, roll in cinnamon sugar (2 tbsp ground cinnamon mixed with 1/3 cup sugar) and just pile them up in a greased loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest and rise for an hour and a half. When the dough is double its size, brush with egg wash and sprinkle with old fashioned oats. Bake in the preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Brush the top with honey-butter mix (2 tbsp honey whisked with unsalted butter) right after taking it out of the oven. Allow to cool before slicing with a serrated knife.

I love this bread! I love sprinkling the top with old fashioned oats and I just can't do away with the honey-butter brushing of the top because that's where the sweetness comes and it looks so pretty. I don't think I need to go to Mitsuwa to get my bread for my next brick toast.

Comments

Popular Posts