Cinnamon Rolls


It's the first time I made nut-less or un-nutty cinnamon rolls in consideration of my gp's who are allergic to nuts. I thought of putting nuts on half of the tray but I got lazy and decided to go nut-less all the way. I just added maple flavoring to my goo to make it more flavorful.

The dough is from the no-knead dough recipe from my previous post. That I should say is a gold mine of a dough recipe and sans all the hard work. Just stir and store in the fridge at least overnight and you're good to go. So far, I've made challah, flat breads and now cinnamon rolls. Oh and the cinnamon rolls are pillow-y soft on the inside with a nice crust on top.

For the filling, I just used cinnamon sugar and the goo is a stick of unsalted butter melted in a sauce pan with a cup of light brown sugar, a drop of maple flavoring and 1/3 cup heavy cream. Just let it simmer till smooth then pour in the baking pan. Arrange the cinnamon rolls on top, cover with plastic wrap and let rest for an hour till the dough rises. Remove the plastic wrap and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. Flip/transfer to another tray lined with parchment paper so that the goo is on top. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts