Egg in a H-hole


There are times when all I want is a simple toast and a fried egg for breakfast. It is easy and tasty- especially when you haven't had it for a long time. It has always been cereal and fruit or oatmeal; a muffin or a bagel maybe when I have the time. Funny that when I have all the time in the world, I crave for something this simple. Doesn't mean I can't make it fun :-)

So I grabbed my heart-shaped cookie cutter and two thick slices of white bread and dug a hole in the center of each one.


I spread some unsalted butter on one side first including the heart shaped pieces which I saved


Then I placed all the pieces in an iron cast skillet buttered side face down (on medium high heat)


I flipped the bread after a minute and buttered the tops then plopped the eggs on each hole; sprinkle 21 seasoning salute and a dash of salt for good measure



Then I finished the process by putting the skillet in the broiler for 4 minutes just to cook the eggs a little


The eggs are ready! Time to eat ... Dip the heart shaped piece into the golden treasure in the middle ....


I just grabbed this thing with my bare hand and munched on. No need for you to see how I did it....


It was yummmm!

Comments

Popular Posts